One way to loosen tight hip flexors is to perform a hip flexor stretch. To do this stretch, lie on your back with your legs bent, and your feet flat on the floor. Bring your left knee up towards your chest, and then slowly lower it back to the floor. Do the same with the right knee. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
Hip flexors stretches should be done with slow, controlled movements and with an emphasis on keeping the back in a neutral position.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head and lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Keep your back neutral and slowly lower your head and torso back to the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat.
There are a few exercises that can be done to help stretch and loosen the tight hip flexors. Some of these exercises include:
- Glute bridge.
- Hamstring curl.
- Swiss ball ab crunch.
- Seated cable row.
- Glute bridge, hamstring curl, and Swiss ball ab crunch with a Twist.
Recommended: Unlock Your Hip Flexors