There are numerous reasons people gain belly fat, which includes poor diet, lack of exercise and stress. Improving your nutrition, increasing your physical activities, reducing your stress levels and making other lifestyle changes can help you lose unwanted belly fat. It is necessary you lose your belly fat because excess belly fat can increase the risk of: heart diseases, heart attacks, high blood pressure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, asthma, breast cancer, colon cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. There are simple ways to lose belly fat.
Take a look at six (6) simple ways to lose belly fat;
1. Improve your nutrition: A good balanced diet can help you lose weight, and it is also likely to have a positive effect on your overall health. Avoid sugary foods, foods that contains fat, and refined carbohydrates that have low nutritional content. Eat plenty of soluble fiber, and plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates.
2. Reduce your alcohol intake: When trying to lose belly fat, you should consider reducing your alcohol consumption. Too much alcohol in your body system is not good because it contains additional sugar which leads to weight gain. According to research heavy alcohol consumption leads to increased risk of central obesity — that is, excess fat storage around the waist.
3. Quit smoking: Smoking leads to increased belly fat, as well as many other serious health concerns. Quitting can significantly reduce the risk of having excess belly fat, as well as improve your overall health.
4. Exercise daily: Exercising daily is very effective in reducing belly fat. It is the best things you can do for yourself if you want to live a long and healthy life free from diseases. Undertake both aerobic exercise and fitness training to help tackle your belly fat. Exercise is highly effective when you combine both cardiovascular and high-intensity training alongside weights and resistance training. Strong hip flexors are especially important for active people and athletes, as studies have shown links between weak hip flexor stabilizing muscles and injuries.
5. Reduce your stress: Stressing yourself too much can make you gain weight. Stress can make you gain belly fat by triggering the adrenal glands to produce cortisol, also known as the stress hormone. Research shows that high cortisol levels increases your appetite which make you eat a lot. To help reduce belly fat, engage in activities that relieve stress. Practice yoga or meditation; they are highly effective methods to help reduce stress.
Recommend: Reasons to Start Yoga
6. Get more sleep: Sleep is essential to your overall health, and having too little sleep time can have a severe impact on your well-being. The main purpose of sleep is to allow your body rest, heal and recover; but it can also have an impact on your weight. It is highly recommended that you get enough good-quality sleep because it helps to lose belly fat. Depriving yourself of sleep will lead to increased weight gain.